StandAlone Boots Script

Developer
Sep 23, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Jaykul

I have a script that uses boots. I want to deliver it so the user doesn't have to figure out how to download boots and setup the modules in the proper place.

I was thinking:

• An install package for boots
  • Include boots with my script and import it from the local directory where it was saved
  • Extract the subset of boots needed to support the script I want to deploy

Any suggestions?

Doug

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2009 at 3:21 AM
In an ideal world, I would explain to you how to use PoshCode to distribute your script and download and install the dependencies in one fell swoop, but that's not ready.

An installer for PowerBoots is not out of the question (although I'm really trying to get the PoshCode equivalent of "apt-get install" to work so I don't have to do that stuff anymore), but basically it would just be a self-extracting archive that defaults to Documents\WindowsPowershell\Modules\PowerBoots ...

So I'm going to go with that as my suggestion if you're deploying on 2.0 -- although, of course, if you're deploying on 2.0, you can just stick it in a sub-folder and deploy YOUR script as a module and PowerBoots as a submodule...

Sorry if that's not helpful enough, it's late, I'm on vacation, and not thinking clearly :)
--
Joel

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:35 AM, dfinke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Jaykul

I have a script that uses boots. I want to deliver it so the user doesn't have to figure out how to download boots and setup the modules in the proper place.

I was thinking:

• An install package for boots
  • Include boots with my script and import it from the local directory where it was saved
  • Extract the subset of boots needed to support the script I want to deploy

Any suggestions?

Doug

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PowerBoots@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PowerBoots@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Sep 24, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Thanks Joel.

Yeah, I've got several ideas how to do it.

I was hoping to leverage something you were close to finishing :)

Thanks for responding while your on vacation.