Error running sample with Chart sample (19)

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Hi, great technology you have here, but I had a question on one of the samples in Samples.ps1

when I run the sample I get the following error:

New-BootsWindow : The term 'Chart' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file
, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the p
ath is correct and try again.
At F:\Users\Robert\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerBoots\Samples\Samples.ps1:264 char:9
+    Boots <<<<  {
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (System.Manageme...n.ScriptBlock[]:ScriptBlock[]) [New
   -BootsWindow], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error creating WPF Content,PoshWpf.NewBootsWindowCommand

New-BootsWindow : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At F:\Users\Robert\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerBoots\Samples\Samples.ps1:264 char:9
+    Boots <<<<  {
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-BootsWindow], NullReferenceException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,PoshWpf.NewBootsWindowCommand

Is there something I need to do to enable this sample?

thanks in advance!

-rob

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2009 at 4:27 AM
Samples 19 through 23 are based on Visifire (which I included in the "gpl" download, but which you may download separately from their site). If you import their DLL to PowerBoots you'll get the Chart function (among others).  If you download the Visifire assemblies separately and put it in a "Libraries" subfolder of WindowsPowerShell ... it would be something like this:

Add-BootsFunction -Assembly "~\Documents\WindowsPowershell\Libraries\WPFVisifire.Charts.dll"