New-BootsWindow error

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:26 PM
Tried running PowerBoots on WinXP SP3 with Powershell V2 CTP3. Added Power Module in the Module Folder.
Get following error when I run Button -Content "Push Me" | Boots. Also tried a few other examples, and get the same error.

" New-BootsWindow : The input object cannot be bound to any parameters for the command either because the command does not take pipeline input or the input and its properties do not match the parameters that take pipeline input. "

Have you encoutnered this error before ?

Thanks,

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2009 at 4:55 AM
the |Boots syntax doesn't work in POwerBoots 0.1 ... you need to write:

Boots { Button "Push Me" }

ie: You need put the content in a scriptblock, instead of piping it into Boots. 

This change in syntax lets POwerBoots work without requiring -STA (and even allows the New-PowerBoots cmdlet to work on PowerShell v1, although the rest of the scripts don't yet)

--
Joel

kfadnis wrote:

Tried running PowerBoots on WinXP SP3 with Powershell V2 CTP3. Added Power Module in the Module Folder.
Get following error when I run Button -Content "Push Me" | Boots. Also tried a few other examples, and get the same error.

" New-BootsWindow : The input object cannot be bound to any parameters for the command either because the command does not take pipeline input or the input and its properties do not match the parameters that take pipeline input. "

Thanks,

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Thanks I'll try it out. It would be helpful to update the tutorial with this note.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Jaykul <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

the |Boots syntax doesn't work in POwerBoots 0.1 ... you need to write:

Boots { Button "Push Me" }

ie: You need put the content in a scriptblock, instead of piping it into Boots. 

This change in syntax lets POwerBoots work without requiring -STA (and even allows the New-PowerBoots cmdlet to work on PowerShell v1, although the rest of the scripts don't yet)

--
Joel

kfadnis wrote:

Thanks,

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PowerBoots@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PowerBoots@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com