Bare minumum needed to run ShowUI?

May 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Hi,

I need to put showui on 34 servers but I was wondering what it the bare minumum needed to import and run the showUI module? I see there is over 100 files in the ShowUI ZIP package and I am sure the examples can be left out but are there any others?

Thank you,

Mike
Coordinator
May 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM
It's kind-of an exercise in yak-shaving, don't you think? On my system the whole module's taking up about 8.5 MB, of which 8.1MB is the actual compiled ShowUI.dll ... so yes, you could shave a few kb off, but it seems like more effort than it's worth.

In any case, you can definitely remove the "Examples" folder, and if you have anything in a "GeneratedCode" folder, that would be the first thing to remove (as it's larger than the .dll, if it's present, and it's absolutely not needed). Once the assemblies are generated, I suppose you can also take out the "C#" folder and the meager help in the "en-us" folder. I think that deleting anything else would require modifications to the module script to avoid errors about the missing files, but you could hypothetically remove the Styles and StyleSystem and CommonControls if you don't use those, and the CodeGenerator folder (again, only if you first patch the main module to not try to execute them).
May 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Hi,
Do you know how I can pregenerate the assemblies, so it's not always run the first time on every pc/server?

Thanks a lot
Coordinator
May 31, 2013 at 4:03 AM
If you import the module on the first system, the assemblies are generated -- then you can just xcopy deploy that ShowUI folder to the other systems.